Friday, June 19, 2009

The Cabinet II

We had been invited to a friend's house that Saturday morning which wasn't a conflict since the cabinet was to sell in the afternoon according to the eBay listing. What we didn't realize was that this didn't correspond with the time of the actual auction as spelled out somewhere on the listing. We discovered this fact before making it to the auction house and began to surrender that it was not meant to be. We called and it had indeed sold for under $600 and had already left the premisses.

Months later, I attended an estate sale conducted by the same auction house. Michele and I enjoy the hunt for collectibles and the unusual. It was at the end of the sale, on a Friday, and everything was at least half off. I found a slide projector and some old acetate record albums. While checking out, I mentioned to the women at the folding table that I missed the auction and the opportunity to purchase the cabinet. She consulted with an associate and said it was purchased by another auction house in Emma, Missouri and was to be resold that weekend.

I got home with my treasures and Michele and I planned for our trip to Emma.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! We'll likely make it public very soon.