Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sweet Dreams

We're always excited to see new items related to Harzfeld's coming to the surface. We were amazed when this bedding ensemble, entirely covered with dozens and dozens of Harzfeld's labels, was shared at our talk at the downtown Kansas City Library. The majority of the labels are from the last four years of the store. Unfortunately our photos didn't turn out all that great, so you'll have to imagine the impact of all the repeated pattern.

The owners, Dale and Jeanie shared a legend that went along with the bedding. The set was created by a husband for his wife of ailing heath who was a loyal customer of the store. The set includes a duvet, pillow cases, pillows and a wall hanging. It was all graphically bold and great fun to see!




1 comment:

  1. What a treat to find your blog! I was doing some research -- and indulging in a little nostalgia before coming to K.C. next week for the Society of American Travel Writers Central States Chapter Conference. I was a Harzfeld's bride and had my formal wedding photo done in the bridal salon. What special memories. I'm going to try to squeeze in a visit to the Historic Garment District Museum, thanks to you. And I hope to pick up a copy of your book when I visit the Benton home. Please keep an eye on my blog www.okietravel.blogspot.com for a report on my trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! We'll likely make it public very soon.